Sunday, June 26, 2011

No Crisis in Hay River Shelter

From Bonnie Dawson, in Hay River.

***

Having just received a long distance call from the President of the HR SPCA who is currently out of town, I found comfort in learning that there is NO CRISIS situation with the shelter in Hay River.

I wish to apologize to all of those who have contacted me so far and do greatly appreciate that you were so quick to respond.

The information which I had been provided in the email request I received yesterday from the Hay River By Law Officer asking for my assistance,( as well as follow up telephone conversations), to utilize my own network of contacts was unfortunately as it turned out to be .... inaccurate....leading me to believe and to Post an Urgent Request for help...believing that the shelter was full to capacity and that no additional animals could be taken in.

I have learned in speaking with the President of the HR SPCA that at present there are actually three (3) dogs currently in foster care and two cats which need to be placed. .... a great relief to me.

Again I sincerely and publicly extend an apology for issuing an unnecessary ALERT and a deep and honest thank you to all of you who have responded so quickly.

Should anyone wish to inquire about the current three (3) dogs and two cats looking for loving forever homes, please contact Kerry at the HR SPCA.

Hay River SPCA at: 867-874-3667 : likely having to leave a message or email:
hrspca@hotmail.com

To view HRSPCA Page:
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NT03.html

No comments:

Post a Comment